« Home | Yamanashi » | Hakone » | Nara » | Kyoto » | Hiroshima » | Matsushima » | Sendai » | Nagoya » | Osaka » | 75 Dollar Steak! »

Nippon One More Time

Howdy y'all. Well, I have been selected to study abroad to Korea during the month of August. This program is awesome because the Korean government is waiving a lot of fees for students in this program. Which means that accomadations, tuition, and local transportation is all free. The school is also providing me with a personal liason, who will be my buddy for the duration of the program. So I don't have to worry about getting lost or getting into trouble. The only expenses I will have to cover is food and the airplane ticket. However, they are subsidizing the airplane ticket and will reimburse me 450 dollars. So basically, I get to spend a month in Korea for only about 700 dollars. Pretty good deal if I might say so myself.

It only takes about 2 hours by plane from Tokyo to Seoul. This means that going to Korea will give me an opportunity to stop by Japan again. I mean, if I am spending that much time travelling to the other side of the world, I might as well stop by Japan while I am at it. So I have decided to take a 15 day layover in Japan. I leave for Japan on July 13th and will not have to be in Korea until July 30th. My friend Boris from Los Angeles will also accompany me on this 2nd adventure in Japan. The majority of our trip will be spent in Kyuushuu and the Kansai area. The only thing we have planned in detail is our first 3 nights in Japan. Other than that, we are just going to take it day by day and go with the flow.

Well, only 9 more days until I am in Japan again. Before I know it, it will be only 9 more hours until I am in Japan again. Funny how times flies that week before you travel.

Hi Ramon!
Sounds like you'll be in Japan around the same time I'll be there!

I'll be in Osaka from July 18-28. Let me know if you're in town, let's have a drink!

Otherwise, catch you back at SFSU in the Fall!

Your own personal liason, huh?? Lucky guy! It's like you're a prince visiting from another country and he'll probably take care of everything!
If you're in Tokyo before you leave, message me, ok?? Have fun!

Post a Comment