« Home | Blogger Virgin No More »

Waseda Waseda Waseda

As some of you may know, I went to Japan in 2004 and lived there for a year. During this time, I studied at Waseda University's School of International Liberal Studies. SILS for short, is a mixture of native Japanese students and International students such as myself. Although Waseda University, which is sometimes referred to as the Harvard of Japan and has been around for almost 125 years, the SILS department had only been in it's first year of existence when I was there. In other words, I was a guinea pig! When I was not at school, I spent a great deal of time hanging out at with people from my dormitory.

Wakeijuku Dormitory
is about 10 minutes away from Waseda University by foot. So even when I stayed out and partied all night long, I was able to tumble out of bed 10 minutes before school started and walk to school. For those of you who are wondering about the morning shower, the custom for most Japanese people is to take a shower and enter an ofuro(hot tub) at night. So in trying to fit in with Japanese customs, I would usually take a shower before I went to sleep.

The year in Japan gave me an opportunity to meet people from all around the world. This helped me learn more about the world as well as myself.

About me

  • I'm Ramon
  • From サンフランシスコ
  • 宜しくお願いします
My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Japanese Food

People I've Met