« Home | Nippon One More Time » | Yamanashi » | Hakone » | Nara » | Kyoto » | Hiroshima » | Matsushima » | Sendai » | Nagoya » | Osaka »

Welcome Back Nomikai

I arrived at Narita Airport on time. However, I had to wait two hours for Boris to arrive on his flight from LA. So, I walked around trying to warm up my Japanese by speaking with some of the people working at the cellular phone booths. Two hours passed really fast and before I knew it, Boris arrived and we caught the next train into Tokyo.

We arrived at Takadanobaba Station and walked to my old dormitory. As we walked along Takadanobaba Street, we began to reminisce our old hang outs. Along the way, we caught a wiff of the irresistable scent of choco crossiant. So we went inside, bought a choco crossiant, and then went on our way.

Thirty minutes later, we arrived at my old dormitory and just like old times, we had a nomikai(drinking party). Afterwards, we went out for a bite to eat at Udatsu's, which is a place I went to often when I studied at Waseda University. Unfortunately, the dish that I had been craving for a year was sold out and I had to settle for Negi Tsukemen.

After we got back to the dorm, I chatted with my dorm friends for a while and then called it a night. I slept in my old room, which is great because it has air conditioning. Air conditioning is vital when it is summer in Japan. Tomorrow, I will meet up with one of my friends to pick up my cell phone and then head to Kyoto for a few days. Talk to you later.