« Home | First night in Kyoto » | Welcome Back Nomikai » | Nippon One More Time » | Yamanashi » | Hakone » | Nara » | Kyoto » | Hiroshima » | Matsushima » | Sendai »

The Bridge to Heaven

On Sunday, I met up with my friend Asami at Kyoto Station. We decided to go to Amanohashidate, which is one of Japan's three most scenic views(nihon sankei). It took 2 hours to reach Amano-hashidate from Kyoto Station. We used the JR pass about 3/4 of the way, but we had to connect to a non-JR train, which cost 1000 yen one way : (

To get a good view of Amano-hasidate, we went to one of the viewing platforms which you have to take a sort of ski lift to get there. Once up there, it felt like a small amusement park because of all of the small attractions such as the mini roller coaster and the souvenir booths. Legend has it that if you look between your legs when on the viewing platform, you are suppose to be able to see a 'bridge to heaven'. At first I couldn't really see anything, but after being in that position for a while, I guess all of the blood kind of rushed to my head and I got a little dizzy. At this moment, I felt like I could see the 'bridge to heaven'. The view is not as breath taking as Miyajima, but it is still something to see if you have a free afternoon in Northern Kyoto.






Hey Ramon nice blog, I look at it every day to see what you guys are up to over there. Hope you’re having fun, and eat the weirdest food you can find: that’s what life’s all about.

Hi, it's Ko at OIP. I am glad that you arrived Japan safe and sound. It looks like you are having a great time. The picture slide of food is killing me!!! Have a great time in Japan and Korea.

bridge to heaven... :) that totally looks like a place where folks might unfortunately fall off if the blood rushes to their head too fast!

Post a Comment