« Home | The Most Famous Festival in Japan » | The Bridge to Heaven » | First night in Kyoto » | Welcome Back Nomikai » | Nippon One More Time » | Yamanashi » | Hakone » | Nara » | Kyoto » | Hiroshima »

Code name: "Shochu City"

I left Kyoto in the late afternoon and got into Fukuoka in the early evening. One of the first things I noticed before I left the station was a shochu stand. They were selling shochu refreshments for only 100 yen, which is kind of cheap for shochu if your outside of Korea. I bought a cup and then went on my merry way.

My friend Yuuki picked me up at the station and then took me to her house to drop of some of my stuff. Acutally, she is letting me stay at her house for a couple of nights, which is great for my low budget. After relaxing a little bit at her house, we decided to go to Canal City .

Canal City is one of the most beau-tiful shopping areas I have seen in Japan. However, it seems to be geared more to the female consu-mer market than us fellows. So there are lot of couples and women all over the place.

After walking around a little bit, we decided to get some of Hakata's famous tonkotsu ramen at Canal City's Ramen Stadium. One of the things I missed most about Japan after I left was the tonkotsu ramen. So you can imagine how anxious I was to eat tonkotsu ramen again.

After dinner, we decided to walk around a bit before returning home. On the way to the train station, we passed by Hakata's famous yataimura area(late night food stands). It almost felt like walking around the corner of Kentucky Fried Chicken. That feeling that even though you have eaten already, that whiff of the Colonel's chicken all of a sudden makes you want to eat again.

Tommorrow, my friend has to work during the day, so Boris and me will try to go to Kumamoto on our own and have the famous Kumamoto Basashi.